Sunday 19 February 2012

Home to mum and dad

I am currently on a National Express bus up to Retford which is/was a small mining town just North of Nottingham. I have decided to go and stay with mum and dad for the two weeks before my audition for Jesus Christ Superstar.
I plan to work on my voice and work out twice a day to try and shed a few pounds before the frightful day.
I got the official audition date through and I have to be in London at 9.30am that means I shall have to be up at 6 am and warming up.

I saw lord webber on Scottish TV via the wonderful invention that is the Internet. What he said was a two edged sword, he kept referring to the person who lands the role of Jesus as 'this kid' does that mean he really believes there is an 18 yr old out there that can crank out Gethsemanie and Get out for 28 shows without rupturing his testicles or keeling over on day five?
Mind you if Axel Rose was to have just one more facelift and his genitals didn't end up on his chin and his sporran was kept topped up with Bolivian marching powder he might just pass for 25. Though Judas might be kept waiting for 20 minutes for a cue whilst he disappears backstage and fires somebody for not taking all of the green MMs out of his dressing room.

The one thing that did restore my faith was his aside 'that he would be helping develop anybody with talent.'

I know I have talent and I know my voice will be better and better. I really want this show. If I don't get the gig what better platform can there be to be seen by every casting director at once?

So providing mum doesn't try to fatten me up any more and dad can be persuaded to play some scales for me. There is no reason why I cannot be totally prepared for this audition.

Lord Webber be ready to see a middle aged young man from the stage school of some of the worst, dirtiest, scummy rock venues in the world take music theatre somewhere else. It's time that leading actors stopped looking and sounding exactly like the last leading actor that played the part.

The more I uncover in the world of music theatre, the more I respect people like Bill Kenwright who take risks on people with passion for the business.


No comments:

Post a Comment